Wednesday, January 21, 2015

PC Deathsquad - Fuck Yourself


0:37 mark.

Sometime in 2005 while trading mp3s back and forth over AIM's get file feature, I stumbled across this song in a folder of random punk songs. It struck me because while the lyrics were goofy, it was extremely raw and felt different.

PC Deathsquad are a group of dudes from San Diego who wanted to combine thrash and hardcore with having a good time and cracking jokes. Enter the Crooked Tooth Pimp, the band's wigtastic hype man who does nothing but rag on frontman John Lockjaw (JLJ, The Icon, etc.). I immediately sent away for their first two full lengths on CD and a t shirt (which 10 years later has seen better days). Between PCDS and Municipal Waste, it was all flip billed hats and jean vests for the foreseeable future.

Over the next two years my friend and I would spin "Downsized/Shit Talking And Mayhem" constantly and I may have quoted CTP and JLJ's back and forth enough that people wanted me dead. Things like informing a friend that he "was loved by no man, and when he played live shows, kids stand around and ask who's the asian snowman?" or that I would "slap the shit out of you like you were Robin Givens". Politically Correct was the antithesis of their shtick and at 19 years old I couldn't have cared less, although it's not like they were One Life Crew or anything.

Despite being a completely independent band, over the course of their career they managed to self release 2 full lengths, 2 EPs, a 7" split with Take Offense, 3 music videos and a DVD. Besides sparking my love for joke bands, they also are directly responsible for getting me into Raw Power and Lawnmower Deth.

Bonus Video: Fuck Metallica

The lyrics managed to completely capture the sum of mine and a lot of other peoples thoughts on the legendary thrash band. At least they could own up to killing Cliff. Must have watched this video hundreds of times and dreamed of a circle pit in a pool.



No comments:

Post a Comment