Monday, December 8, 2014

MOST LISTENED TO ALBUMS OF 2014



This was a catch-up year for me, a year full of vinyl hunts with the webmaster and intense research through lots of books. After several years of musical ennui and obstinate thinking, 2014 was discovery and invigoration, oftentimes with days I listened to five new albums or more. The compilation below is of the albums I listened to the most in this period, as opposed to my favorite albums to come from 2014 (as discussed in the prior blog). With the exception of #6 and #7, all of the albums on this list were first heard by me in 2014. Better late than never, right? Hey, my disclaimer reads “not historian.” All I know is I know what I like, and I like what I know, quote Gabriel. 

Of all the albums on this list, #1 emotionally affected me the most, which is extremely odd, because; A) all their other albums aren’t that great, B) I ragged on them in a previous blog entry, and C) half the songs on the album were written or co-written by other artists. #2 was my #1 for the first half of the year, and ranks as my #1 album to hear through a good pair of headphones. #3, and the band before his solo incarnation, were my semi-obscure surprises (and obviously the play on my blogger name). The rest are timeless relics, some underappreciated (I get ragged for #8 constantly by you-know-who). You’ve probably heard a lot of these already, and if not, you know where to go. 

MOST LISTENED TO ALBUMS (of 2014)

10. Anthrax - Among the Living
9. Blue Oyster Cult - Cultosaurus Erectus
8. Black Sabbath - Born Again
7. Rainbow - Rising
6. Led Zeppelin - 3
5. Def Leppard - High and Dry
4. Ratt - Out of the Cellar
3. Kim Mitchell - Akimbo Alogo
2. Steely Dan - Aja
1. Nazareth - Hair of the Dog  

No comments:

Post a Comment