Monday, April 27, 2015

Most Precious Blood - Shark Ethic


2:02 mark.

My love for this band is born of kind of a strange circumstance. My brother showed me the video for this song and while at the time I wasn't feeling it too much, the hilarious two stepper at the 2:58 mark made for endless jokes and laughter. Several years later, I came into a copy of Our Lady of Annihilation and was floored. I then decided to revisit Merciless and MPB became one of my favorite hardcore bands.

The first minute of the song might give you the impression that you are about to hear a band cover Sisters of Mercy as the choir kicks in, but you are snapped out of that idea with a bucket of cold water as the opening riff sets the tone for the aural assault to come. Singer Rob Fusco's throat shredding delivery evokes immediate feelings of rage and prepares you to charge head first through a cinder block wall when the band takes aim with the featured riff.

Made up of former members of New York hardcore legends Indecision and One King Down, Most Precious Blood possess a flawless discography, and while their activities as a band are currently extremely limited, they are no less focused and intense. Do yourself a favor and check out the recommended listening below.

No comments:

Post a Comment